Can't find the answer to your question? Don't hesitate to call or email. We're here to help!
Until further notice.
1. How do I get a quote, make a reservation, or place an order?
• You may call or email for a quote or to place an order. Please note: We work by appointment only and accept a very limited amount of orders every week. It is recommended to contact us as soon as you know a date for your event as certain times of the year tend to fill up quickly. A 3-4 week lead time is suggested for most specialty cake or sweet treat orders, and at least 6-8 months in advance for weddings or other large events. But don't panic if that is not the case! We will do our best to accommodate last-minute time frames, so don't hesitate to ask.
• Once we get a general idea of what you are looking for, we will normally provide several options with quotes and/or sketches to choose from around your target budget. All that's left is for you to make a decision (our clients tell us this is the hardest part!)!
• Your event date is held for five (5) business days from the date you receive your quote from us. If we do not receive written approval with a 50% deposit within five (5) business days, your event date may become unavailable. We assume no responsibility in such matters.
• Please note that your order is confirmed and placed on our calendar only when we receive both written approval along with a 50% deposit (on orders over $250.00) or payment-in-full (on all orders $250.00 or less). All payments are due in full at least 2 weeks prior to your event, or at the time of order placement if less than 2 weeks from event date.
2. Where are you located?
Because we specialize in custom confections, we are not a walk-in retail shop with ready-made cakes available for purchase; we work by appointment only. We offer a convenient pick-up location off of I-20 and Bryant Irvin Road in the City View area of Fort Worth, or you may opt for our White Glove Delivery for an additional charge.
3. White Glove Delivery
Haute Cakes and Cookies White Glove Delivery service is available to the DFW area for an additional charge and includes professional cake set-up at your event site. We do not recommend that clients transport their own sculpted 3-D or larger tiered cakes, as clients assume all risk in this scenario. With the Haute Cakes and Cookies White Glove Delivery service, we will be responsible for the safe transportation and set-up of your confectionary art. Should anything go awry en route, we will use our expertise to ensure everything is rectified before your event. Our service provides you with the peace of mind to focus on your event-at-hand. It's the White Glove treatment. Assez dit (enough said)!
4. Pricing & Minimums
Please click here for general pricing information on our menu items. Regardless of the occasion, variables in determining final pricing include: 1) The number of desired servings, 2) Complexity of design elements, 3) Structural and material costs, 4) Desired flavor, 5) The amount of time and labor involved in creating your overall completed piece. All hand-sculpted 3-D specialty cakes have a $250.00 minimum regardless of size or servings. Most "Sweet Treats" items have a two dozen minimum. Haute Cakes and Cookies makes every effort to work with your target budget and will offer several options to creatively meet your needs. Therefore, the information provided should serve only as a guide and is not meant to be inclusive or absolute.
5. Cake Tastings & Consultations
• Since we work by appointment only and everything is baked to order, we do not offer cake tastings for smaller scale orders (with our apologies).
• Face-to-face consultations without tastings are offered at no charge for wedding cakes or other large events. During the one hour consultation, we will discuss the design of your cake, so please bring anything (photos, invitations, etc.) that would assist in giving us a feel of your taste, style, likes, dislikes, etc. The more we have to work with the more creative we can be! Please arrive on time to ensure that you are allotted the entire hour.
• Tastings are $65.00* and include a one-hour consultation and up to 3 flavor pairings (serves 4-6 people). A credit card is required to hold your tasting appointment. *If a minimum order of $550.00 is placed within five (5) business days of the tasting, the tasting fee will be applied toward your total purchase.
• If you need to reschedule or cancel, please give us five (5) business days' notice. In the event that the tasting appointment is missed for any reason, or if the cancellation occurs less than five (5) business days from the appointment, your credit card will not be refunded.
6. Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Vegan Cakes, or Other Allergens
We now offer gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, vegan, or other allergen-specific cakes for our mildly sensitive clients. Organic products are used whenever possible. PLEASE NOTE: We are not a gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free or any other specific allergen-free environment, and while the products we would use for these cakes would not have the offending item in them, the specific ingredients may be manufactured in facilities which also process wheat, dairy, eggs, tree nuts, shellfish, soy, or other allergens. A list of potential brand-specific ingredients may be provided upon request and it is the client's sole responsibility to ensure that all products used are safe for them to consume. Keep in mind that a manufacturer may often change, add ingredients, or reformulate their product at any time without warning. Every effort is made to prevent cross-contamination, however if a client is highly allergic or sensitive to any ingredients which would make it unsafe or life-threatening to consume even a dust-sized particle of the allergen, we ask that those clients or their guests not order or consume anything from Haute Cakes and Cookies. We will not be held liable in such matters.
7. Decorating Parties, Classes, and Other Private or Public Events
Wendy is available for a limited number of private or public event bookings. Want something different for your child's birthday party this year? Kids love the thrill of decorating and bringing home their edible creations! We will work with you to customize a fun-filled cake, cookie, or cake pop private decorating party. Teens and adults also love the challenge of learning the art of cake design. Small private group classes can be customized to what your group wants to learn and are age-appropriate. Wendy is also available for company party appearances, grand openings, radio interviews, TV appearances and more. Contact us for more info!
Regretfully, we cannot ship our cakes or cupcakes at this time. However, most cookies, cake pops, or other "Sweet Treats" can be successfully shipped anywhere within the contiguous United States. Shipping and handling fees apply. Call or email for a quote.
9. Cancellations & Refunds
Because Haute Cakes and Cookies works by appointment only and may refuse the business of other clients based upon your reservation, deposits are refundable up to eight (8) weeks prior to the date of your event. With our apologies, after this time your deposit will be forfeited. No exceptions. All requests for cancellation must be made in writing. If a cancellation request is received more than eight (8) weeks prior to your event date, the aforementioned deposit will be refunded within four (4) weeks of cancellation, less a $100 forfeiture fee.